Why You Are Never Too Old To Accomplish Your Dreams
“Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.”
– John C. Maxwell
Why You Are Never Too Old To Accomplish Your Dreams: Everybody wants to get success and that too as early as possible but what if we got no success after many efforts. In that situation, should we dump our efforts to get success? It is true that many people come to this world with special talents.
That’s why they get success at a very young age. But remember age has nothing to do with success. You have every right to fulfill your dreams at any age. With this article we want you to tell only one thing that there is no age to get success.
No matter how old you are now. You are never too young or too old for success or going after what you want. Here’s a shortlist of people who accomplished great things at different ages against many odds…
Believe It Or Not But Getting Success Is Your Birth Right
1. The Wright brothers, Orville (was 32 ) & Wilbur (was 36) when they invented & built the world’s first successful airplane & making the first controlled, powered & sustained heavier-than-air human flight.
2. Helen Keller became deaf & blind at the age of 19 months. But that didn’t stop her to go forward. She was the first deaf-blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree.
3. Mozart was already competent on keyboard & violin, he composed from the age of 5.
4. Shirley Temple was 6 when she became a movie star on “Bright Eyes.
5. Anne Frank was 12 when she wrote the diary of Anne Frank.
6. Magnus Carlsen became a chess Grandmaster at the age of 13 years.
7. Nadia Comăneci at age 14, gymnast of Romania scored seven perfect 10.0 and won three gold medals at the Olympics.
8. Tenzin Gyatso was formally recognized as the 14th Dalai Lama in November 1950, at the age of 15.
9. Famous Indian Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar was only 16 years old when he got selected for Indian Cricket Team.
10. Pele soccer superstar was 17 years old when he won the world cup in 1958 with Brazil.
11. Elvis was a Superstar by age 19.
12. John Lennon was 20 years & Paul McCartney was 18 when the Beatles had their first concert in 1961.
13. Jesse Owens was 22 when he won 4 gold medals in Berlin in 1936.
14. Beethoven was a piano virtuoso by age 23.
You Are Never Too Old To Set Another Goal In Your Life
15. John Keats was only 23 years old when he finished one of the most famous collections of poems in the history of Poetry.
16. The great Indian revolutionary Sardar Bhagat Singh was martyred at the young age of 23.
17. Issac Newton at 24 wrote Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica.
18. Roger Bannister was 25 When he broke the 4-minute mile record.
19. Albert Einstein was only 26 years old when he discovered the special theory of relativity.
20. Albert Einstein was 26 when he wrote the theory of relativity.
21. Lance E Armstrong was 27 when he won the tour de France.
22. Michelangelo created the two of the greatest sculptures “David” and “Pieta” by age 28.
23. Alexander the Great by age 29, had created one of the largest empires of the ancient world.
24. J. K. Rowling was 30 years old when she finished the first manuscript for Harry Potter.
List of The People Who Made A Difference In This World
There Is Nothing Impossible To Him Who Will Try
25. Great saint and the maker of modern India, Swami Vivekananda was only 30 years old when he delivered his famous speech in First World’s Parliament of Religions in Chicago.
26. Amelia Earhart was 31 years old when she became the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.
27. Oprah Winfrey was 32 when she started her talk show, which has become the highest-rated program of its kind.
28. Famous Scientist Thomas Alva Edison invented the electric bulb at the age of 32.
29. Edmund Hillary was 33 when he became the first man to reach Mount Everest, the highest mountain in the world.
30. Martin Luther King jr. was 34 When he did the speech “I have a dream.
31. Marie Curie was 35 years old when she got nominated for Nobel Prize in Physics 1903.
32. Napoleon Bonaparte became the emperor of France at the age of 35. He was also the youngest general of the army at the age of 24.
33. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was 36 years old when he led the first successful non-violent protest in South Africa.
34. Vincent Van Gogh was 37 when he died & virtually unknown yet his paintings today are worth millions of dollars.
35. Neil Armstrong was 38 when he became the first man to set foot on the moon.
Why You Are Never Too Old To Fulfill Your Dreams
36. The great Indian Freedom Fighter, Subhash Chandra Bose was only years 40 years old when he was elected the president of the Indian National Congress.
37. Mark Twain was 40 when he wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and 49 years old for Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
38. Harriet Beecher Stow wrote her world-famous novel ‘Uncle Tom’s Cabin’ at the age of 41 while performing her household duties regularly.
39. Christopher Columbus was 41 when he landed in the New World (Americas).
40. Rosa Parks was 42 when she refused to obey the bus driver’s order to give up her seat to make room for a white passenger.
41. John F. Kennedy was 43years when he became President of the United States.
42. At age 44, Marie Curie won the Nobel Prize in chemistry.
43. Henry Ford Was 45 when the Ford T came out.
44. Suzanne Collins was 46 when she wrote “The Hunger Games”.
45. At age 49, Mario Puzo published, The Godfather.
46. Charles Darwin was 50 years old when his book on the “Origin of Species” published.
47. Leonardo Da Vinci was 51 years old when he painted the Mona Lisa.
48. Abraham Lincoln was 52 when he became president.
49. At age 52, Ludwig Van Beethoven composed the Ninth Symphony.
50. Ray Kroc Was 53 when he bought the McDonalds Franchise and took it to unprecedented levels.
51. Dr. Seuss was 54 when he wrote “The Cat in the hat”.
52. At age 55, Alex Haley published Roots.
53. At age 57, Annie Peck climbed Mount Huascaran in the Andes. She was the first person to reach the top.
Do You Think You Are Too Old To Set A New Goal In Life
Think Again If You Consider Yourself Unlucky Or Incompetent
54. Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger III was 57 years old when he successfully ditched US Airways Flight 1549, in the Hudson River in, 2009. All of the 155 passengers aboard the aircraft survived.
55. At age 59, Clara Barton founded the Red Cross.
56. Colonel Harland Sanders was 61 when he started the KFC Franchise.
57. J R R Tolkien was 62 when the lord of the ring books came out.
58. At age 63, Francis Galton revealed to the world that no two people have the same fingerprints and revolutionized crime-fighting in the process.
59. At age 64, John Pierpont Morgan formed U.S. Steel, the world’s first billion-dollar corporation.
60. At age 68, Clifford Batt swam the English Channel.
61. Ronald Reagan was 69 when he became the President of the United States.
62. At age 69, Mother Teresa won the Nobel Peace Prize.
63. The great Scientist, A. P. J. Abdul Kalam became the President of India at the age of 71.
64. Jack Lalane at age 70 handcuffed, shackled, towed 70 rowboats.
65. Nelson Mandela was 76 When he became the President of South Africa.
66. Joseph R. Biden was 77 years old when he became the 46th president of the United States.
67. At age 79, Benjamin Franklin invented the bifocals.
68. At age 94, Leopold Stokowski signed a six-year contract to conduct music.
69. At age 95, Mother Jones, Union Organizer, wrote her famed biography.
70. At age 100, Ichijirou Araya climbed Mount Fuji.
71. Fauja Singh astonished the world by running a marathon at the age of 100. The British runner completed the 26.2-mile Toronto Waterfront course in eight hours, 25 minutes, and 16 seconds.
Keep the clock Going…It’s never too late for doing anything!!
Source: Some Points that have appeared in this post are authored by writer ‘Pablo’ while others are searched and published by the Lifelords Team.
“It is not necessary to do extraordinary things to get extraordinary results.”
– Warren Buffett